Monday, November 9, 2009

Alive?

Yeah, I think so. Need to revive the blog here though.

Resource for today: ConceptArt.org. Crazy good artists, forums, contests, fun stuff. Check it out.

In other news: The Lackadaisy Cats! Been seeing them on DA for forever, finally realized that there was in fact a website for the webcomic. Yeah, I'm just sharp like that. Anyway, Lackadaisy's got more crazy art, and a unique concept, prohibition era with cats, très interessant.

Edit: Stumbled across an interesting blog post because I liked the picture. [link] It's about the temptation to create instantly gratifying "fast food" art that's pretty to look at but not challenging in any way, rather than more thoughtful art that might be more uncomfortable. Also about not getting stuck in one style or method, even if it's successful, but moving past it to new things. I think I needed to read that.

1 comment:

  1. Hi how are you?

    I was looking through your blog, and I found it interesting, and inspiring to me, so I thought why not leave you a comment.

    I too have a blog that I use out of Southern California here in San Diego.

    Mostly it is a collection of artistic expression, and I have many friends with the same interests, maybe you can become my friend, and follow, and I can also follow you, if that is okay.

    Well I hope to hear from you soon, and or read about you….LOL

    Sincerely,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete